I wanted to share some DIYs for healthy sunscreen and bug repellant.
Personally, I get my sun while I’m swimming in the lakes of Michigan. I like to create shade on the beach so that I don’t get burned. When I’m on my motorcycle, I really only carry a sheet and a small jar of my homemade sunscreen. I like to gather sticks and rocks on the shore and “create my shade”!
I use sunscreen when I ride, it also keeps my face moisturized from the drying winds.
See below for a healthy sunscreen recipe and bug spray.
Summer blasts by before you know it. Take care of yourself and enjoy your ride!
10 drops lavender oil
1 tbsp pomegranate oil
3/4 C coconut oil
2 tbsp Zinc Oxide
2 tbsp shea butter
1. Combine all ingredients except zinc oxide in a jar.
2. Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water on stove over medium/low heat.
3. Place jar in saucepan and stir contents until ingredients start to melt.
4. Once all ingredients are combined, add in zinc oxide and stir well. Store in a cool place..
Tammy’s Recipe for Homemade Sunburn Spray
1/2 cup liquid aloe vera juice
1/8 cup fractionated coconut oil
10 drops lavender essential oil
10 drops peppermint essential oil
glass spray bottle
1. In a saucepan, add 2 inches of water. Place over medium heat.
2. In a jar, add coconut oil and aloe vera juice. Place jar in saucepan and stir, waiting for the mixture to liquefy and combine.
3. Once combined, remove from saucepan and add in the oils, mixing well.
4. Once all ingredients are combined, add in zinc oxide and stir well. Store in a cool place.
Tammy’s Recipe for Flea, Tick and Mosquito Spray
Put all the oils into a spray bottle and top with water. Shake well before use and spray all over your body, avoiding eyes and mouth. Great to spray around windows and fly screens.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.