As we learned from my previous post, Breast Cancer Prevention- Omega-3 Fatty Acids!, adding this fat into your diet greatly reduces your risk of Breast Cancer.
Research shows that Omega-3 fatty acids have 4 main benefits with Breast Cancer Prevention:
1) They decrease the strength of estrogen in the breast tissue
2) They also have powerful anti-inflammatory properties (inflammation causes the majority of disease)
3) It causes breast tumors to shirnk in size
4) And prevents the tumors from metastasizing or spreading
Other important health benefits from Omega 3’s :
• They play a crucial role in memory, mood and brain development
• In addition to inflammation they also reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol
• Help lower the risk of chronic disease and heart failure
• Improve the functioning of the immune system
It’s amazing how many great benefits Omega-3 Fatty Acids have. Everyone should be incorporating them in their diets daily.
Stay tuned to learn how.
Tammy Kohlschmidt RDH, CCT, CBP