We lead busy lives, “checking-in” — on Facebook, through texts, emails, phone calls — with family, friends, children, co-workers and bosses all day. BUT how often do we stop to check- in and notices ourselves?
I’ll be starting a new series “Check-ins” every Monday with weekly tips on how to be aware and listen to your own body.
Wellness starts with staying attuned with our inner selves. A daily check-in using one or more of the following questions can help you reconnect. Energy flows where your attention goes. Give yourself a valuable moment of attention every day, in some healthy way, and you’ll begin building improved wellbeing into your day.
YOU ARE WORTH IT!
- How am I sleeping? Am I waking up in the middle of the night and/or sleeping in late?
Why does this matter?
- Healthy Sleep starts with healthy breathing
- Tip: Try breathing exercise and meditation before bed to help prepare your body for sleep. Having a hard time doing it yourself? We love the guided sleep meditation on Quite Brain Coach!
- Sleep is vital to your body’s inflammatory response
- Mouth breathing causes many health issues, you must breathe only through the nose especially during sleep. (The brain sends a message to the diaphragm to shut down)
- If you snore or have UARS you may have hidden health hazards you are not aware of. (Did you know?? Snoring actually causes tube tension throughout the body which affects blood pressure, lymph drain and digestion)
- It is not the quantity of the sleep as much as it is the quality of the sleep.
- Creating a sleep sanctuary can change your state of being and your health.
- No EMF’s in the bedroom- keep the computers/cellphones/tvs off!!
- A dark room is needed for proper hormone balance
- A routine bedtime helps to regulate the circadian cycle
- During sleep, your body heals itself- physically, mentally and emotionally